Here are some pics from this year I still wanted to share. They aren't in the album; they mostly document my best friendship with Mallory. Please excuse my sappy nature.
Taken by Mal outside of Bailey, CO
Mallory drew this while camping together sometime in late spring. We drew one another, mine did not turn out. I LOVE HERS OF ME. It is my favorite thing
and at some point in the summer we repotted all her plants. It was a fun afternoon.
Laurie, I didn't submit to the slideshow this year, but if you'd like to look at some pictures I compiled, here's a link.



Wow - Mallory's sketch looks JUST LIKE YOU, except for the empty expression. :) I like it too. What food are you feeding the deer?
ReplyDeleteOK I lied. I showed Mal this post and she reminded me we fed the deer pineapple
Deleteoh these are wonderful! and so are the photos in your slideshow file. i have so many questions! how did you get your car up the side of a mountain with no road, and how did you get down again? how did you learn to make such beautiful pies and cookies? are those real braids? did you complete the handstand? and ... gun???
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteKeely HJanuary 3, 2019 at 12:15 PM
ReplyDeleteThank you!! We weren't feeding the deer a thing--they came up just to hang. We think previous guests at the airbnb must have been fed them in the past.
Two of my friends have great vehicles for off-roading! Not my car, so I don't have to worry about getting it up and down the mountain. I just put my faith in the driver and hang on to the oh shit handle. During that trip we did a few water crossings, it was so much fun. I've been working on those braids for about a year! I did 6 or 7 of them in 2018. They aren't true braids--more of a criss-cross pattern. I cannot do a handstand yet, but I am getting better at crow pose. Crow pose has one balance their knees upon the elbows, with the hands as the only contact point with the ground.
Oh, and my friends also have guns.
Hope I answered all the questions!