I drove to Marysville for the weekend to participate in a 24-hr Art-a-thon with Heather. Heather's co-worker is putting on the event in the studio she owns downtown. All the proceeds from sales of the artwork will be donated to the local humane society.
This is our workspace.
Much of the artwork being created is animal-themed. I chose to do some lino printing.
Heather is painting in acrylics. This amazing cat, and something else that has not quite come to fruition yet.
Later tonight we may do a collaborative piece and we are open to suggestions!
(no we are not required to stay for the full 24 hours, I know you were wondering.)





A very cool project. Fun to scroll through the photos. Love the big photo at the top showing all the paraphernalia needed to get serious about art. The cat is very clever, but I wonder if an orange background works with a bright blue embellishment.
ReplyDeleteElla loves the cat. She also likes the lino printing. She loves you both.
ReplyDeleteYeah, it actually works really well. The orange and the blue contrast pretty nicely, and it really makes the blue stand out. I think Keely can attest that in person the final piece is pretty striking. Maybe the colors don't translate well here. We had several conversations about color early on and decided that orange and yellow was the best color family to use as the background. What color would you have chosen?
ReplyDeleteIs there more work? Are there more pictures?
ReplyDeleteSee my post above.
ReplyDelete