Sunday, October 23, 2016

NC adventures

Here are some pics from my recent trip to North Carolina. I had to leave the trail a full week prior to the date I had planned, because the guy that joined me didn't prepare AT ALL, and had to drop out. It was one of the bigger disappointments of my lifetime, but I still managed to have a great trip. Maggie took me to her local bar trivia night (we came in second), we went to the NC State Fair (the grounds are not nearly as lovely as the IA or the MN), and we went to the North Carolina Art Museum.

The museum had a lot of modern art installations. Plus an incredibly breath-taking and large exhibition of ancient Greco-Roman artifacts and ancient Egyptian relics, including 3 complete sarcophagi. 

When I told Maggie that the only ride we absolutely had to ride was the Sky Glider, to my horror, she said, "the what??" THE NORTH CAROLINA STATE FAIR HAS NO SKY GLIDER!!! Until this year apparently. They finally purchased one and installed it, making this the first time Maggie and her boyfriend (both NC natives) had ever ridden one. What a travesty.

An Iowa girl through and through, says Maggie. this was my first fair food purchase. The corn came from Georgia--yes, I asked. I take my corn very seriously.


 From the trail.



I just really like this shot from our day bumming around Durham. 




Thanks for reading, fam. 💜

3 comments:

  1. Nice photos! The shot of the blue mountains is very moving, and the shot of the blue quadrilateral is, um, kind of halting.
    Hope the sky glider was routed over a ravine or better - a mountainside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Appalachian Trail boasts many beautiful vistas, like the blue mountain one, even on our short hike. I'd like to go back soon and finish what I started!! I think the blue quadrilateral photo might make a nice pic of me, if you edited out the seat and straightened it..

      The sky glider made a short, straight course over the fairgrounds. Which was basically a large parking lot. Sadly, Raleigh is nowhere near the mountainous part of the state. I never realized how lovely and well-groomed the Iowa State Fairgrounds were before!!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.